This is a Self-Session, freely given to you. It can be used to enhance or even replace paid professional guidance with me– which is, in my experience, rather revolutionary. This self-session can help you gain perspective. When you become conscious about your big picture you can often determine your own path out of the chaos/stress you’re experiencing. It is designed and intended to empower you whenever you need it. It is free and available at any time and is a great tool to use for yourself or to enhance sessions with me if the time is right.
You are welcome do down-load a copy here to fill out for yourself. You are also welcome to complete the form below to submit directly to me for honest and informed feedback. I am here to support you.
Note: This form, if you choose to complete here on the website, may take over an hour to complete. Please allow appropriate time to complete, as your work will not be saved if you leave the page.
instructions & guiding points for the Self-Session to follow:
PART ONE: Creating Perspective
Generally, we live much of our lives out of sync with the deeper, more meaningful aspects of our selves. By inserting a pause, and taking the time to ask some thoughtful, intelligent questions, you can effectively recalibrate your perspective and make some simple changes that feel profound. What we are looking for is that you have healthy perspective about what creates deep satisfaction leading to serenity in your life. So, initially, this section is intended to help you create an open perspective that includes depth and width so that you can more effectively answer the form below.
We will introduce a “Serenity Scale” in order to create a framework for you to compare and contrast all aspects of your life. The point is to realize that serenity is not found through perfection. In other words, rating yourself at 100%. Serenity comes in real life through having a balance of spontaneity and structure in order to support all the needs of your life. A rank of 80% and above represents health and optimal function. The remaining 20%, between 80% and 100%, is really valuable. It represents levity, freedom from rigidity, spontaneity, and ease in a culture that doesn't make it a priority. If you have achieved 80% on the serenity scale in all the areas of your life, you are doing really well, and are just at a point where minor changes will likely enhance the positive foundation you have already created.
Throughout this section consider this Foundation for Thriving:
- Healthy Water
- Healthy Food (majority of intake)
- Captivated and Compelled by something in daily life.
- Internal locus of control.
- Connection with something larger that you, that opens your mind and heart. (Such as: community, cause/call-to-action, spiritual life, marriage, family, volunteerism, etc.)
PART TWO: Rank your current self (in terms of body, mind, spirit, emotions, environment & container) according to the Serenity Scale
The Serenity Scale ranges from 0%-100% in increments of 5%. Some points of reference:
100%= Deeply Serene
80% = Healthy level of serenity.
70% = The point where you are about to loose your footing.
50% = Life is not working beyond survival.
25% = You are functional, but barely. (Many Americans live at this level and call it "normal")
10% = Just keeping your head above water; using the vast majority of your energy to do so.
Instructions: You should come to these answers with your eyes closed and then fill out. It should take at least one minute to complete each question. You must answer the question from the silence inside you. Never guess. If you don’t have the answer, then you wait and reflect. Keep in mind, 100% does not represent perfection or ideal, because that is a fluid and moving thing. The point is for you to create honest, real answers and not the “right” answer. We tend to search for the “right” answer, but then the opportunity in doing this inventory is lost. You are not going to find the right answers by thinking about them. These answers need to come from the feeling place– the place where your inner-knowing has THE Voice.
PART THREE: Analyze your results
If you come to a place where you feel satisfied with what you have discovered and confident that you can move forward in a way that causes you to feel good about your life and what you are doing, then you are right on track. Your self-session has served it's purpose. If, however, you come to a place where you are left with a lot more questions than answers, if you keep coming up with the answers of "I don't know", it is maybe time to seek some professional guidance. At least now you have a clear and honest intent and you walk into time with a professional as a co-creative partner; knowing not only what is not satisfying you, but what is also right. Remember, there is a lot more right with you than wrong. Generally, joy and thriving just take a little tweaking, because you are designed to heal.